Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Daddy Fik it"










Emma says the cutest thing when something breaks or tears - "Daddy fik it". I just love to hear it. It's funny because Jehu can say "fix" but she can't. Same thing with "rabbit". Almost a month has gone by since my last entry and we've been busy. Aunt Kiki went with us to Edventure and we had a blast. The favorite by far was The Little Pig grocery store. Emma put every donut in her buggy while Jehu picked out a wide variety of items...paper plates, bleach, frozen juice and dog food. They had a fantastic time scanning the items and pressing the buttons on the register. We could have stayed there all day. Other areas of great interest were the fire truck, bongos and a wooden boat. We ended our visit with a trip to the lower level for happy meals we purchased through the virtual drive through. So neat! Just pick up the phone and talk via telemonitor with the drive through attendant, pay and a few minutes later your happy meals arrive via courier. Took me a while to get over that. :)


Both kids are now opening our oven door and saying "pizza, pizza". This is something Jehu started quite a while ago and Emma has picked it up. I've never put a pizza in the oven...I always use the toaster oven for the small pizzas they eat. We've attached cords around the oven door to the cabinet doors so they can't open it all the way and stand on it to reach the stove top.














I have to be very vigilant in watching the "doozies" as they've both discovered that they can push their highchairs and climb to reach countertops, cubbards or any other surface not normally accessible. Not only do they use highchairs but also scooters, boxes and anything else they can find. I think we need a membership to My Gym!!!!! They've also discovered pot holders...which for some reason are fascinating.
Aunt Kiki kept the little ones so that Joe and I could go out for a celebration of my birthday, our anniversary and his birthday. We went to see the third Pirates movie and ate at Longhorn's Steakhouse. Real creative, I know, but we did enjoy a quiet dinner and the chance to see a show.

Another month of daycare has passed and Emma still moans "no daycare" as we pull up to the building. Jehu got pushed down and pinned to the ground by two of his classmates - luckily he wasn't hurt. They've experienced a petting zoo with snakes, a raccoon, zebra, camel and various other critters and this week they will have a visit with clowns. I'm worried that they might be a bit scared of the clowns but we'll see.

Today, as part of our July 4th celebration, we took the Doozies to the mall for pizza pizza, ice cream and a ride on the carousel. They were a hit with all the over 50 crowd who typically exclaimed "what curly hair!" upon seeing them. Emma rode the giraffe on our second carousel ride like a seasoned rider. Joe's birthday is actually tomorrow but we'll celebrate this evening since we're both off. I'm not sure if he'll like his gift...we'll find out soon.













My coworker Nancy had a little boy this week and he is soooo precious. All 8.7 pounds of him! He has brown hair and the cutest little fingers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Linds said she thought she saw you in the mall today! Fun! Fun! I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you had a Happy 4th of July! I hope to see you REAL soon!

Unknown said...

OH my goodness -- I LOVE the pictures of them with the ice cream! Ahhh -- I could eat them up!!!!!